Thursday, February 12, 2015

Dogs on Acid



Dogs on Acid is a pop punk band, I guess, from Philly. Right off the bat I am going to just say that this group is made up of members from Snowing & Algernon Cadwallader, so as to not waste any time. I had heard of this band here and there online, but never really listened to them for one reason or another. It looks like they were just signed to Jade Tree, which is fucking amazing, so I decided to give them a listen today. I absolutely love this band. Dogs on Acid sound like a mature version of the bands that these guys have been playing in for years  (that are, of course, in this same general genre). The more I listen to this the more it sounds like Weezer, but that is probably just me. They are keeping the noodley riffs to a minimum, but since they are from Pennsylvania they are legally required to throw some in there from time to time. Dogs on Acid have a record out on Ranch Records and another one that was released on Asian Man, so check that shit out. Below is their website. Support them in anyway you see fit, but please check them out.


***

No comments: