Thursday, February 6, 2014

Nostalgique



My buddy Billy, of Barbelith fame, has another "solo" project called Nostalgique. It isn't really a solo thing because he plays live with other people, but I'm pretty confident in saying that he had the most invested out of any participants. I would imagine he writes everything himself also. I saw this live for the first time on my birthday when they played an impromptu set, and it was fucking awesome. I guess saying that something is "chill black-metal" doesn't really make sense, but that's the best way I could describe it. If you get down with Barbelith you should give Nostalgique a listen. I'm not saying one is derivative of the other, I just think that if you get down with one you will get down with the other. I don't know, I like it. Give it a listen below. Word.

***

No comments: