Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Aleister Crowley



Basically, if you have never heard of Frater Perdurabo then have fun playing the wikipedia game for like 3 hours reading about him. Even if you don't give a shit about his stuff he is an interesting dude. And surprisingly, maybe, a pretty dope poet. The record below is a recording of Aleister reading a handful of poems with the exception of two "prayers" in English and Enochian and an excerpt from the Gnostic Mass. It took me a hot minute to find this record and I listen to it a good bit. My favorite poems are "The Poet" and "At Sea". "Fingernails" is cool too. The quality of the recordings is the best part of the whole thing, in my opinion, aside from the fact that this was recorded about a century ago. Below is just a video consisting of pictures, but I'm posting it because I fucking love the song thats being played for whatever reason. Check it out if you want. Word.



***


No comments: