Friday, February 18, 2011

Beau Navire - Life Moves



Beau Navire, as many of you should know by now, is a screamo powerhouse containing members of Loma Prieta and Iwrotehiakusaboucannabalisminyouryearbook. I can also say that these guys are some of the nicest dudes you will meet. Anyways, they have been pretty busy recently with two splits on the way (Adobe Homes and Suffix), a European tour that will include Cry Me A River, and a one-sided full length on React With Protest and Moment of Collapse. Beau Navire posted a link to the streaming of their album on their facebook via the Moment of Collapse website.

Anyways, a good friend of mine gave me a downloaded copy of the new album, entitled "Life Moves". I wasn't going to put this up just because I have a feeling I will be asked to take it down, but if its floating around the internet already I don't see any harm with sharing it. I know that I plan on buying this album, and you should too. Help them get to Europe and stuff by buying the Adobe Homes split and the pre-orders(are they up yet) for this record.

Beau Navire delivers some of the most solid American Screamo music I have ever heard on this album. Incorporating elements from both their affiliated acts plus expanding on traditional screamo dynamics, Life Moves is going to really blow people away. This record can be lumped into any of the vast categories that tend to divide the emotional hardcore scene, making it accessible to any fan of the genre without causing the band to loose its edge and more raw elements. I have greatly enjoyed watching this band evolve, over the internet for the most part, from an obscure California group to one of the leading American Skramz acts. Below is the album, and if it gets taken down I will let you know. Word.




***


Life Moves

2 comments:

thiob said...

Thanks a lot I've been waiting for this record for months!

chug said...

I fucked up. This is a 1 sided 12inch EP thats on Moment of Collapse and Molotov. There is going to be an additional LP out on React With Protest right before they go to Europe