Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ze Ultra Boys


ZUB is a drugged out experimental mess from the greater Frederick, MD area. They were most active in the mid 2000's, and after taking a three year long break played a small number of shows in 2009 before going back on hiatus or whatever you want to call it. Their sound incorporates many different genres of music, ranging from quasi classical guitar to pterodactyl screeches and involves everything in between, including kazoos and Dr. Ruth readings about not being able to blow your load. Maybe you could call it grindcore, maybe you could say they have post-something elements, but it doesn't really matter, all you need to know is that they are, in my opinion, one of the two most under-rated bands from Maryland(the other being Canary Yellow).

Ze Ultra Boys features members of Spermwhales/Man Pretty and Fuck! Don Flamenco. There may be some other bands that they play/played in, but I'm not sure. As far as releases are concerned they only have one album, which is called "We Are All Charlie Brown". They were supposed to do a split with мища and release another album called "The Fruit Is Swelling", but you may have to wait a while before anything gets recorded.

Sorry about the whole no video thing, but if I come across any I will put it up. Below is "We Are All Charlie Brown", which you can buy from their myspace for four dollars, and the song "Criptor Bronze" which I believe is only post-Charlie recording. If I had to put money on it I would say that Criptor is going to be on "The Fruit Is Swelling".

"Smoke my dong, suck my bong"-Brent Grant

***

Criptor Bronze


We Are All Charlie Brown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once saw them at some random show and I swear they were all tripping.